Your donations to Giants of Generosity, Inc. are tax-exempt to the full extent of the law.
. . . (unlike crowdfunding sites)
Tree of Life
The nurturing aspects of the Tree of Life are embodied in the work that we do at Giants of Generosity. You, our supporters, are the life-sustaining sunshine and water that allows us to fulfill our mission. And the funds we raise through individual donors, foundations, and businesses? These represent the earth upon which our very foundation is built. With your contributions, we can help mend those who come to us with broken branches and torn limbs, and assist them as they return to the fullness of life. Hardship does not discriminate, or wait for a more convenient time, so we are always at the ready to help, wherever help is needed.
Sustaining the well-being of our client’s is our goal.
Often people have been turned away or don’t qualify for government assistance and other social services, and they lack the financial or human resources to rise above their crises. That is where Giants of Generosity steps-in, to support and sustain them in a variety of ways. The roots of our mission are based on a slightly modified version of the pay-it-forward movement. The premise is simple – do something kind for someone else without expecting to be repaid. Trusting that the law of gratitude will follow it’s own path, I know those we help will share their blessings in their own way, in their own time – when they are able.
We serve our client’s in these four vital areas of support:
- There’s no end to the help that is needed when a natural disaster strikes. The loss is deep and can be quite profound.
- Giants of Generosity steps-up to fill in the gaps that social service and government agencies are unable to fulfill.
- By providing everything from medical supplies, to clothing, housewares, and home renovations, we can help the most severely affected rebuild their lives. We also introduce them to connections to valuable resources and other service providers.
Medical & Healthcare
- Traumatic injuries, life-threatening or chronic illnesses, or the enormous medical bills that accrue (even with the best of insurance plans) can quickly devastate a family.
- Lack of access to necessary medical equipment and providers is also a problem for many of our clients. Giants of Generosity works hard to secure needed medical devices and equipment, as well as advocates for clients requiring assistance with medical bills, and we also provide moral support during their times of crisis.
Shelter & Safe Housing
- People facing eviction, foreclosure, or power outages are in immediate need of our help.
- Thanks to the Giants who’ve answered our call, we have been able to modify homes for wheelchair access and help people who are facing housing crises to stay in their homes or move from homelessness to safety.
- Our work in the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy in Rockaway, NY is a major example of what can be done when people come together as a community to help those in need.
Financial Aid for Critical Needs
- Targeted fundraising is done to help people who need emergency relief funding to maintain the equilibrium in their lives as they face critical circumstances. The needs are great; the calls are many; and we rely on the generosity of donors like you to help us help others.
Become a Giant of Generosity today, and help us continue to open our arms wide enough to help as many people as we can!
Our corporate sponsors are critical to the success of Giants of Generosity throughout New Jersey and the greater tri-state area. These Giants support the organization as part of their corporate social responsibility and marketing initiatives by sponsoring specific events or becoming a general corporate sponsor.
Sponsorships are vital in two important ways:
- They help us meet short-term goals by enabling us to quickly respond to calls for help.
- They provide the sustainability and the long-term health of this indispensable non-profit organization by helping us expand our impact and meet our program and operating budgets. This allows us to continue to allocate a minimum of 80% of our assets, to benefit the clients we serve.
Our corporate sponsors are the main-stay of our existence. Without them, people would indeed be in the dark when their electricity is cut off. They would suffer needlessly when the proper medical equipment could have been procured, and possibly even lose everything they’ve worked for when they’re overwhelmed with critical, life-altering situations.
Our valued corporate partners are featured on our website, in our marketing material, and at our events.
Please consider becoming a corporate Giant?
Volunteers are always needed to help with our events
Giants of Generosity relies solely on donations from individuals like you, and from corporations and foundations. In addition, we raise money through our fundraising events. Whether it’s through ticket sales, ads in the ad journals, or event sponsorships, we hope that you will be able to support Giants of Generosity in a meaningful way.
Our signature event is the annual Food & Wine Show. This well attended show is always fun and showcases a variety of exhibits of great food and beverages from local area vendors. It also features cooking demonstrations, cook-off competitions, live entertainment, a silent auction, and other fun activities.
In addition, we hold an online 50-50 raffle associated with the Food & Wine Show. In our first experience with the online raffle, $2,000 went to the winner.
Throughout the year other events are in the works to raise awareness of Giants of Generosity’s work in the community, including our Dream Team Meet & Greet networking parties.
The event also gives guests a close-up look at the work we do to help others. Many of our recipients are in attendance and you can get to meet them first hand. Some will speak of their experience with Giants of Generosity, others will simply be there in loving gratitude and support of what we have been able to do for them.
Volunteers and Supporters Help us Fulfill Our Mission
In addition to financial donations, Giants of Generosity relies on its corps of volunteers and supporters—our Dream Team—to help us fulfill our programs and run our events. The Dream Team comprises a special group of volunteers from all walks of life who believe in and support our mission. Dream Team members do not have a fiduciary responsibility to the organization but rather help us through donations of their time and talents, as well as by connecting Giants of Generosity to their professional networks as needed to assist our clients.
The Dream Team members:
- Help connect clients with resources, goods and services.
- Contribute to the success of Giants of Generosity fundraising events by:
- Attending and volunteering to help run the events.
- Selling and/or buying tickets to distribute to family and friends who may not know about
Giants of Generosity.
- Help acquire items for our silent auction and other fundraising opportunities.
- Selling or purchasing ads in the ad journal (when relevant).
- Seeking out or connecting Giants of Generosity with potential corporate sponsors for the events.
- Direct us to individuals, corporations, or foundations for financial support.
- Attend team Meet-and-Greet events at various supporters’ locations.
- Have opportunities to meet potential new customers, partners and friends.
Would you like to join our Dream Team?
We are seeking individuals who can share:
- A sincere desire to help others
- An enthuastic team-player attitude
- A life of integrity and respect for others
- Their talents or resources to complement our clients’ needs.
If you’d like to become a GIANT of Generosity through your personal or professional contribution to our Dream Team, contact D. Jane Albanese at 201-567-2622, or fill out the Join Now application.